• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

JLBN

Free Guides, Themes, Photo, Games, Movies

JLBN – Moving WordPress on WAMP

Posted by JL June - 21 - 2010 10 Comments

Ever run into the issue to move your WordPress blog website from one location to another and have a very hard time to edit the Databases and Configuration files and still don’t get the result as expected :( or you might just simply want to test if your current WordPress website including all the themes, the plugins, the settings, … would work on the new version of WordPress??? It’s your lucky day since our Moving WordPress guide is the easiest and the most effective guide out there ;)

Note: Even this guide is used for Wampserver, you can apply this method on other wamp package such as Xampp, EasyPHP, so on. Just make sure to select correct file(s) in proper location(s) ;)

[Read more...]

10 Responses so far.

1. This works great, thank you.

Questions: Does this also move the database files? Or should these be exported/imported from phpmyadmin?

(and what if you want to change the db prefix)?

Also, what about plugins, settings and Appearance (widgets, menus). Can these just be uploaded?

Thanks

-JEDs

• BN says:

Steve, for WordPress settings, it should be alright but for plugins and appearance, you need to copy the plugins to the plugins folder as well as the theme to the theme folder, then enable to set them up through WordPress dashboard, and it should be the same result ;)

2. Bill Davis says:

I have followed everyone of your guides and now I have a website I am proud of. Thank you so very much.

3. Hussain says:

Thanx..! I wish I would donate! wish u all good!

4. kv says:

Curious, When using WAMP and moving a site developed locally and moving the site to a Public Host such as Host Gator I would need to use the same version of word-press my sql etc host gator uses correct?
    Does this process copy all required databases over etc. Very nicely put together very professional job I will provide a donation after I make my first $500-$1Kben out of work since 07

• BN says:

kv, after the move you will get everything even all users as long as you have same WordPress version; then upgrade WordPress afterward ;)

5. Jason Cairns says:

Hi. Appreicate all your guides. I just successfully completed several. I’m at the point where I’m trying to import my WordPress eXtended RSS (WXR) file and I’m getting this error.

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

The file I exported from my ‘live’ site was 3MB. I checked my database and it’s a little over 500MB I’m not sure what to do. Please help. I want to create a local copy of my current wordpress site.

Any help would be so much appreciated. :)

I already went to C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.4\php.ini and changed the upload_max_filesize to 600MB I was instructed to change the post_max_size but could not find it.

This is where I am stuck…

• BN says:

Jason Cairns, to import big db, try these settings in C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.x\bin\php.ini; make sure to search the whole file; ie. if not found when go down, then search up ;)

Find:
      post_max_size = 8M
      upload_max_filesize = 2M
      max_execution_time = 30
      max_input_time = 60
      memory_limit = 8M

Change to:
      post_max_size = 750M
      upload_max_filesize = 750M
      max_execution_time = 5000
      max_input_time = 5000
      memory_limit = 1000M

Also add this line in file c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin\config.inc.php

$cfg ['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;

Then restart wamp to take effect

6. Corey says:

To the Admin, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Get Chitika Premium