• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

JLBN

Free Guides, Themes, Photo, Games, Movies

JLBN – Setup CMS Joomla on WAMP

Posted by BN August - 30 - 2008 15 Comments

In this Install & Setup CMS Guide for WAMP users, we will show you how to install and setup Joomla with version 1.5 is used in this tutor guide.

Note: Even this guide is used for Wampserver, you can apply this method on other wamp package such as Xampp, EasyPHP, so on. Just make sure to select correct file(s) in proper location(s) ;)

[Read more...]

15 Responses so far.

1. clips says:

This is only a partial setup. Without setting up the ftp properly (used to be sn:root pw:root) and file path done properly like I was saying without doing this adding modules into your system will not install through the install feature on your backend.

like I was saying the old wamp servers used to use root/root as the default screen name and password. I don’t think my password is correct but the right password and user has the be keyed in for this to work properly.

• JL says:

actually, it’s not ftp but you need to setup database before installing Joomla as already mentioned in the beginning of the guide

2. LAEEQ says:

hi, this was really really a great help. ThanQ so much.
    Can u tell in JOOMLA ADMIN page, which password & ID shall i use? tell me the step in which we created the ID & password.

Thanks in advance!

3. Nancy says:

Thank you so much for all the great instruction. It took me an hour to set up WAMP, PHP, MySQL and get Joomla up.

4. kellybill says:

After Step#4 and going through GNU General Public License then next to go to Step#5 the following error message was received: Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL [ Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL ]………pleas advise

5. kellybill says:

BN; yes I did. Will check for errors (ie. typo’s and etc.) though and re-do the steps to this point.

6. kellybill says:

BN……I tried to log into database and could not so I changed password …problem solved , was able to access MySQL and move onto Step#5. Though am not sure what happened, as I did log in prior to this when I set up the Database.

7. Andrew says:

Hello 4 All you can fide the fix on this link http://www.invatacumsa.com/joomla-error-fix/ If you have more problem post a replay and i whil hellp you . Best Regards

8. Leigh J says:

Hey,
    Let me first thank you for all the help you’ve provided. I’ve successfully installed WampServer and now operate WordPress and Joomla (just installed today) on my System. One problem that I ran into was when I downloaded the version in the tutorial and tried to unzip it. While unzipping it asked to overwrite the a good many files. I believe that older files wanted to replace newer files.
    When I tried to continue with it I got error message after error message.

How I got around it: I went to the joomla site and downloaded the latest stable zip version (for new installs). Unzipped it and your tutorials worked like a charm. I’m now a happy 1.5.2x Joomla user. Thank you so very much. Cheers

9. [...] Re: FTP – WAMP? Or not? Posted by: yfastud (Moderator) Date: July 06, 2009 04:48AM to setup joomla, follow this [blog.jlbn.net] [...]

10. charlie a says:

Just wanted to thank you for you time on these tutorials. I had so much problems with the latest install on a local host for joomla and came here and followed your directions and wha la…it works finally…

I was a little hard to understand but you definitely know what you are talking about.

when i get my next computer and try out some virtual machines i come back.

Thank You again.
    Charlie

11. Aloysius says:

Thank you very much for all your directives which I found very helpful,after I might have finished installation and wanted to modify the website and I tried installing a new template I got from the link you provided in the template section of your website and i got this error message without quotes “Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.” and I can’t fix it pls help me address this situation.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Get Chitika Premium