• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

JLBN

Free Guides, Themes, Photo, Games, Movies

In this guide for WAMP, we will show you how to install and setup password for WAMPSERVER. There are too many ways to setup password, but here we only show the easiest but security way for WAMP

Note: Before attempting any change, even the first time password setup, you should perform a full backup; check the Setup Backup guide for WAMP on this website.

Note: Even this guide is used for Wampserver, you can apply this method on other wamp package such as Xampp, EasyPHP, so on. Just make sure to select correct file(s) in proper location(s) ;)

[Read more...]

268 Responses so far.

1. vana says:

It works!!! Feels so good, am not technically minded, but these steps were easy to follow and with PG’s follow up I had no problems at all…great job guys and much thanks :D

2. Sunjyest says:

Hi there

We have WAMP on a dedicated server with MOODLE installed on it.

I want to know where I can look at for increasing the RAM memory to 16GB Apache web server.

Regards
    Sandeep

3. FFerati says:

This guide is very helpful. Thanks so much! :) I have one problem though. While I was doing this: Don’t close the windows yet, just minimize it and open the file config.inc.php in folder C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.1.1 (wamp2f6.jpg or wamp2c6.jpg)

I mistakenly closed the window and now I get this error message:

Error
    MySQL said:

#1045 – Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’ (using password: NO)
    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

What should I do?

Thank you very much.

4. stanley says:

thanks alot for this wonderful work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you have greatly helped me
    may God richly blessed

5. neebz says:

fantastic!!!

can’t simpler then this and, works 100%

thanks,

6. thana says:

Thank you very very very very much. i have been looking for this long time ago…

7. Ibrahim Ado says:

wow….this is great. i have seating down all day just to solve this problem. i searched the internet but all the explanation was not clear. but within few minutes i’m able to solve it this wonderful solution of yours.

nice job and thank you very much. :)

8. balaji says:

Thanks a bunch…….. :)
    its very nice and helpful, works for me.

9. Lautaro says:

Thanks for the details!

10. Ajit says:

I went till your step 14.I gave the new password and restarted the WAMP server.But the next time I tried logging into the PhpAdmin page its giving me an error

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Can you tell me the reasons for the same.

• JL says:

Ajit, can’t state exactly what happened or what caused it since we don’t see it physically but our best guess that when you were editing the file config.inc.php, you might accidentally made some mistake in there. Anyway, undo what you did to this file config.inc.php and also download and follow the instruction of ResetMySQL and after that follow this Setup Password guide again with extreme caution :)

Download ResetMySQL here

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
      To setup Backup, follow this

To setup Password, follow this

11. Maham says:

Best guidance ever. I have wasted 2 days trying to figure out how to setup a password and this website didn’t took much long and made really easy to use. Thank you so much.

12. Matiko says:

Please any one to help me how to connect the ODBC connection with Wampserver step by step.

13. charles says:

ever thing was going well tell my sys went down you said don’t close window i have all ready set password after step 1-4 when i went to open up
    phpMyAdmin again i got this Error

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1045 – Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’ (using password: NO)
    can you help!

14. Fabrythrash says:

the BEST tutorial !!!

15. Me says:

Works fine (wampServer 2.2)
    Thanks !

16. Aloysius Onyeisi says:

sir i was following your instruction on how to change password in wampserver on reaching where you said i should open the file config.inc.php i was unable to open it. It is saying windows can not open this file, at this point i don’t what else to do please kindly tell me which application or window thanks aloy

• JL says:

Aloysius Onyeisi, if you have “Hide Extension…” enabled, you only see config.inc instead config.inc.php. If you can’t open that file for any reason, simply copy that file to Desktop, edit as needed, then copy back to overwrite the original file; after that, just follow the rest of the guide until done :)

17. Aloysius onyeisi says:

Thank you sir for your response i opened it and followed the whole process, below is the other error message that i got

phpMyAdmin was unable to read your configuration file!
    This might happen if PHP finds a parse error in it or PHP cannot find the file.
    Please call the configuration file directly using the link below and read the PHP error message(s) that you receive. In most cases a quote or a semicolon is missing somewhere.
    If you receive a blank page, everything is fine.

and i clicked on the link below is the other error message i got

Starting to parse config file…
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘@’ in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin2.11.6\config.inc.php on line 56

please sir don,t be offended because am bordering you with this, in other to take care of this challenge i have to uninstall it and reinstall another from my folder and start all over again by carefully following the instruction and i got this same error message sir please help me to correct this mistake. thanks aloy.

• JL says:

Aloysius onyeisi, send your config.inc.php file to our email webmaster [at] jlbn [dot] net and after take a look, we will post here what we found

• JL says:

Aloysius onyeisi
      First, never ever use the setup script since it will not work with WAMP. In other words, you must know how to setup it right to make it work with WAMP so just don’t use it.
      Second, if you have any other Apache, PHP, or MySQL/SQL, you would get that error since it read the password from the other, not from WAMP, so you have to uninstall all other Apache, PHP, MySQL to make this WAMP work.
      Third, you didn’t send your config.inc.php so we can NOT check it for you :(

18. Don Celo says:

Iv gat to try this out, op it works out fine on windows xp

19. Frank Altobelli says:

Excellent and complete step by step. Thank you

20. tony says:

Thank you so very much for this great, step-by-step, easy to follow guide. I was racking my brains trying to figure out how to configure WAMP. The configuration script that came with my package didn’t work. Great job!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Get Chitika Premium